Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week Three "Thing 5"

I heart Flickr. When looking for a photo sharing site that was easy to use and easy to share, Flickr was the clear winner. I've had my account for well over a year now and it's had over 2,000 views, mainly from students. I like the embeddable feature so it can be viewed straight from my web site, even though Flickr is blocked within the district and the updated number of views. Parents enjoy looking at photos from the library and surprisingly, the photos with the most hits are those I take outside of school, like at the Steeler game or Christmas morning. The children appreciate the personal connection through the pictures---even the youngest of students who can't read yet.

The photo on the left is one of my favorites on Flickr. When I was a classroom teacher, I had these boys in kindergarten, first and second grade. They are now in fifth grade and like to read more than ever (even if it is "Where's Waldo?"!!!).

Flickr serves all my photo needs!

No comments: