Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week Three "Thing 6"


I loved having the opportunity to explore some of the Flickr web sites. I used Color Fields to make the yellow/orange collage at the bottom and couldn't help but think of the ways to use it in the classroom. Kindergarten or first grade students could search by color to create a color book or older students could find photos that correspond to a piece of literature or as inspiration to begin a written story. I also tried to use Montager but I couldn't figure out how to make a mosaic of the picture I wanted to. Flickr Toys is much easier to use and has a lot more options. Here is a mosaic I made with Big Huge Labs. It was a little more time consuming than I would have liked, but I think it is a fun collection of some of the things that happen in my library. I will definitely include this image in my upcoming newsletter and blog!

2 comments:

JoyceValenza said...

I love the idea of searching by color. I think our art classes in the high school might be inspired to create using this mental filter!

Great blog!!!!
joyce

Unknown said...

I really like the idea of searching for photos and using them as a story starter. It could also inspire poetry. Imagine the possibilities.

Thanks for sharing the great ideas!