Sunday, July 29, 2007

Twitterific


One of my favorite 2.0 apps that we discussed at the Discovery National Institute is Twitter. Twitter is a micro-blogging site that is similar to Instant Messaging, but yet so much better. I am able to follow the "tweets" of Will Richardson, David Warlick and fellow Discovery Educator Network techies as they update websites, provide links, and can respond to personal questions. I feel "in the know" when I am one of the first to see a new tool reviewed by Will Richardson (see www.myskitch.com for a program he recommended a few hours ago!) A few days ago, I asked my fellow twitters about one educational blog they would recommend for educators to follow. Within ten minutes, I had 8 or 9 resources I would not have known about otherwise. (List to be posted soon!) Check out http://twitter.com/home and follow bbelardi. It's a "twiffic" time!

No comments: