Saturday, July 14, 2007

Pre DNI:Cocoa Beach

After a two hour flight delay, some "misplaced" luggage, and a long wait for our room to be ready, Jen Dorman and I arrived at the 4 Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach. It is the home to Florida's biggest surf shop with hundreds and hudreds of bright colored surf boards, boogie boards, and a lot of gadgets for these boards that I did not even recognize... We ate at The Shark Pit (yes, with a REAL shark tank) and then took a walk along the beach to the boardwalk. Jen encouraged me to sign up for the microblog, Twitter, so you can follow the DEN all week.

I'm really looking forward to the Discovery National Institute. The DEN team is always full of energetic and enlightening speakers...I always leave an event with an idea ready to be incorporated the next day. I can't wait to see what 5 days will be like!

No comments: